In today’s fast-paced life, getting a headstart on meal preparation may seem like a luxury. With everything we already have on our plate (no pun intended), meal planning is often considered a burden at best, and a nightmare at worse. But, quite the opposite, it may prove to be a true life-saver.
Meal preparation diminishes the stress of figuring out what you’re going to eat and the rushing around trying to make food for every single meal. You’re less likely to make unhealthy food choices, you’ll save time and energy making food all at once, and nothing beats the satisfying feeling of gazing at your stocked fridge full of containers.
PopSugar has put together a list of the 10 Commandments of meal prep, which involve:
- planning ahead;
- making the time and learning shortcuts;
- respecting the numbers (quantities, calories, etc.);
- being realistic and doing what you can;
- leaving a little wiggle room;
- including variety, while not being too adventurous;
- having fun.