None of us are feeling especially productive these days of COVID-19 lockdown, but that doesn’t always correspond to deadlines and other work-related tasks.
If you need some support in pushing aside that procrastination without having to actually sacrifice anything, there are some real helpful tips to do just that.
It isn’t as hard as you’d think!
Procrastination exists because we feel that the work is going to be endless. But, as noted in Medium’s article, “10 Sure-Fire Ways to Beat Procrastination (or at least do it well)”, the reality is that organizing your workday will help you see that it isn’t endless, and there is life waiting for you on the other side.
Try these solutions to give you some support:
- Chunk up your day into time-focused segments, especially if you have to work from home with kids
- Create a routine to ensure you remain grounded and productive
- Use the Eisenhower Matrix to prioritize your tasks
- Reward yourself after a long day with a “selfish” treat just for you
- Set off a designated workspace and do nothing else but work there
These pointers are just the tips of the iceberg, of course. Find more information in Medium’s article here!