When you choose a dog breed, you should not limit yourself to the physical characteristics of the animal. Even if they are important, they remain secondary.
The choice of breed must above all be made according to your lifestyle. As long as you meet your pet’s needs, whether physical, social, intellectual or olfactory, there is no reason why education should be complicated.
Finding the perfect dog for you
Nevertheless, some dog breeds are easier to own than others. To help you select the dog that’s right for you, Top Greater has come up with a list of the 21 breeds that are the easiest to have, based on information from the American Kennel Club. They have taken into account various important traits, such as intelligence, willingness to follow instructions, energy level, temperament, and grooming needs.
Have you finished guessing what those 21 breeds are? Ready to find out? Here they are, in alphabetical order:
|Basset hound||Collie||Miniature schnauzer|
|Bichon frisé||French bulldog||Papillon|
|Border terrier||German shepherd||Poodle|
|Cavalier King Charles spaniel||Labrador retriever||Rottweiler|
Taking care of your canine friend
Once you’ve made a decision on the breed you want, you have to become an awesome master/parent. To help you achieve that goal, Top Greater provides 17 tips to take proper care of your new pet:
- Convert a storage table into a cool pet crate
- Use tweezers if your pup gets a tick
- Make a dog tongue brush
- Make your own dog shampoo
- Prevent demolished power cords and shocked puppets with bitter apple spray
- Treat even minor cuts to prevent infection
- Put a ball in your dog’s food bowl if he or she eats too fast
- Transform an old pair of cargo shorts into a dog-cooling vest
- Give your dog Benadryl and use baking soda paste to help with bee stings
- Use pumpkin to help with constipation
- Feed your dog a chicken and rice combo if he or she has diarrhea
- Get rid of static electricity in your pup’s coat with a dryer sheet
- Use simple chemistry to get rid of the skunk smell
- Make a simple water dispenser
- Use hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting
- Make a DIY dog toothbrush
- Protect your pup’s paws in the winter with Vaseline
For details on each of these lifehacks and to learn what makes the above-mentioned dog breeds easier to own, take a look at Top Greater‘s post.
SOURCE: Top Greater